Isn't it crazy that we don't have a zoo in Charlotte? One thing I definitely miss about Atlanta is all of the attractions it has to offer kids and families. Zoo Atlanta, the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, the Atlanta Braves, the Children's Museum of Atlanta, I could go on. The closest zoo to Charlotte - that I know of - is about two hours away, near Asheville. At this stage in my kids' life, that just isn't feasible for us.
Luckily, there's the Knoxville Zoo! Yippee!
Yesterday, we took advantage of the beautiful, 70 degree weather and took both boys on their first-ever trip to the zoo. What fun!
We had a great time and the weather could not have been more perfect. I think the boys really enjoyed being outdoors. I'm not sure what they thought of the animals overall, but the chimps were definitely a hit. Of course, Charlie's favorite thing was a truck that the Knoxville Zoo had put on display for kids to climb on and explore. Surprise. Surprise.
So, that was our first trip to the zoo. Here are a couple of photos of the festivities.
 |
| Yes, Chase. That means you too. No climbing on the cow. |
 |
| Charlie, playing in the kids area. |
 |
| Watching the elephants. |
 |
| The truck. Charlie's favorite exhibit at the zoo. |
 |
| Chase loved it too! |
 |
| What cuties! |
I'll be smiling all day, now that these happy photos are in my mind! Chase and Charlie must have loved visiting the animals after reading about them in so many of their books. I am so happy that you are feeling A-OK!
ReplyDelete