Friday, January 11, 2013

Do We Know How to "Build" a Party or What?!

Last weekend, we hosted Charlie's fifth birthday party at our house, and this time, the theme was LEGOS! We had such a great time and the decor was so fun and festive. I just loved all of the bold colors. I think this might be my favorite party so far!

The kids also seemed to have fun. I had three games for them to play. The first was "I Spy the Lego Guy." We hid 16 lego men all throughout the downstairs and charged the kids with seeing how many they could find. They really got a kick out of this... even the little guys! In fact, Chase is really good at spotting hidden LEGO men. He was also usually the first to find Scout, our elf, each day, too. Who knows. Maybe he'll grow up to be a secret agent. HA!

The second game was seeing who could build the tallest LEGO tower in 2 minutes. This was great fun for the kids. It was a dead heat between Charlie and Colby, but in the end, Colby took home the prize... barely!

For the last game, the kids had to build a LEGO race car any way they saw fit. Then, we raced them down an incline. Charlie decided to max out the wheels on his race car and made it three times as long as any other car. This, I think, gave him the edge as he won the race by a landslide. My boy!

We also had tons of yummy food and a totally AWESOME LEGO cake. But for Charlie, the best part was opening presents, of course. He got lots of cool things, including a stomp rocket (which was a big hit with the kids), a super cool build-a-track with a self-powered car (which was a big hit with Grandpa and Oma) and lots of awesome LEGOS (which everyone seemed to love). We spent the entire afternoon building all things LEGO... right up until bedtime!

All in all it was a great day and a fun party. Definitely one we'll remember for a long time.

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, CHARLIE!

The decor was seriously cute. I had such fun decorating!

Presents... Charlie's favorite part.

Super cute signage, too.

The pictures just don't show how cute everything really was.

The kids' grab bags were also fun. They were filled with LEGO suckers,
a LEGO candy bar, crayons in the shape of LEGOS and a LEGO eraser.

Aren't the colors so festive?

Even the water bottles were cute!

We had our own LEGO man centerpiece.

I even made LEGO juice boxes!

Here's the cake. It was incredible!

When the kids arrived, they dug into the LEGOs and started building right away.

The birthday boy. Isn't he cute?

Mr. Max, working on his technique.

Daddy had fun, too!

Ms. Raz and Jason were there!

This is Rhys. He's such a cutie!

This is Rhys' brother, Colin. He won the "I Spy the LEGO Guy" game.

Colby and Charlie are building their towers. They're neck and neck!

Colby was the big winner though.

This is Charlie's LEGO race car. See what I mean?
Extra long = extra fast.
(Or maybe just longer so it reaches the finish line first!)
Preparing for the big race.

On your mark.
Get set.
GO!
And, they're off!


That's Charlie's car on the left. He won by a mile!

Time to open presents!


All the LEGO party people.
Aren't they adorable?
Had to get a picture with me and my best-ies!
(Didn't realize how tall I really was until I saw this pic!)


Time for cake!

I made sure to get a chocolate cake for my little choc-o-holic.

Cutie pie Chase.

Outside for some Stomp Rocket fun!

Lyndsey and her little man, Henry.

Daddy and Chase bonded over LEGOS.

Henry and Rhys enjoyed some Gator time...

...while Cappy and Charlie worked on LEGOs all afternoon.

Meanwhile, Grandpa was busy building LEGO city.

Mama, Daddy and Chase.

Me and the Birthday Boy!

What fun we had at the LEGO birthday party!
Happy Birthday, Big Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment