Well, Charlie has been in Kindergarten for almost two months now and so far, so good. He really seems to love it!
I never have any trouble getting him out of bed in the mornings to go to school and he always has great things to say about his day.
He's had no trouble making friends either. His best friend is Jack or as Charlie calls him, J-A-C-K.
Most of all, I've been impressed with how well he's reading. It seems to have really progressed quickly! He loves to read about Hot Wheels and LEGOS and he also enjoys challenging himself and reading books that are a "Level 2." How cool!
Recently, the room moms and parent volunteers (including Ms. Raz!) gathered together to help the kids tie dye t-shirts. The kids wear these shirts on every field trip, which included their field trip to the Davidson Fire House last week. I am capturing all of our special Kindergarten events throughout the year, so I thought I would share these photos of Charlie with you.
Enjoy!
 |
| It was so cool having Ms. Raz at school. Charlie really got a kick out of it! |
 |
| As you can see, Charlie had a great time making a mess... er, uh... tie dying his shirt. |
 |
The kids also got their hands painted so that we could make transfers to iron onto their shirts. The transfers said, "Kindergarten has the most spirit, HANDS DOWN." Get it? |
 |
| Messy hands. What fun! |
 |
| What a cutie! |
 |
This is Charlie and his classmate, Raquel, before the field trip. Didn't their shirts turn out great? |
 |
| Charlie's ready to see some fire trucks. |
 |
| Listening to "Fireman Mitch." |
 |
Charlie loved seeing the inside of the fire truck. What he didn't love? My camera. |
 |
| Mrs. Noble's Kindergarten Class |
 |
Me and Charlie after the field trip. Don't worry. I showed Charlie this picture so he could see what he looks like. We call this his "I gotta take a poop" face. He got a kick out of that. (Hey, you gotta learn to speak boy when you're the mom of two of them.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment