Thursday, January 28, 2010

Food, Inc.

I am watching Oprah's show on where our food comes from and oh my gosh, is it eye-opening! She came up with the idea for this show after seeing the documentary, "Food, Inc." I cannot imagine how informative/disturbing that documentary is after just seeing just a glimpse of it on Oprah's show. As a mom, I really need to think about what I'm putting into the bodies of my two babies. I am responsible for their health and well-being, so it's up to me to make sure they eat nutritious meals and snacks. It's no wonder this country is so obese and unhealthy after seeing what we put into our bodies - preservatives, antibiotics, loads and loads of sugar, etc. I am as guilty as the next person - probably more so, Plus with two kids (a toddler and an infant, no less), it's hard to find time to cook and prepare meals of any kind, so the quick, pre-packaged meals are very appealing. But, if I just take baby steps, I think I can get started on the path of eating a little more consciously. It's for the good of all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment