Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Big Week!

What a big week we had!  It all kicked off with Mother's Day, or as Charlie called it, "Hay Mama Day-e."  Translation: "Happy Mama Day."  Mike was in Darlington until mid-day, so it was just me and the boys in the morning.  They must have REALLY wanted to spend the day with me because they both woke up extra early.  Chase kicked off the day at 5 a.m., and Charlie woke up at 6:30 a.m.  (Keep in mind, Charlie usually sleeps until 7:30 a.m.)  By the time Mike got home, I was ready for a nap myself.

Anyway, the four of us and Oma had an early Mother's Day dinner at Maddi's Southern Bistro in Huntersville.  Our reservation was for 5 p.m.  I figured we'd be the only ones there, but actually, the place was pretty busy!  Lucky for the servers, the entire restaurant was filled with families with young kids and babies, just like us.  What a relief!  I think we were all grateful to be in the same boat.

In other exciting news, Chase is well on his way to crawling.  I'm sure you've all seen the video by now.  I'll attach a few pictures as well.  He's catching on quickly!  He really wants to chase after his big brother.  It's just a matter of time now, I'm sure.

And finally, this was a very big week for Charlie.  Today, we moved him from the crib to the big boy bed.  We decided to do it cold turkey, so that he wouldn't have an option as to where to sleep (for which, I'm sure he would have chosen his crib).  We started with his nap.  At first he was very reluctant, but after setting up the sound machine and the iPod, getting George (his monkey) in the room and bringing him his blanket, he finally laid down and tried to nap.  One-hour later, he woke up in a screaming fit.  Ugh.

At bedtime, we decided to give him a bath in his new room too - just to reinforce that this was now his room and he would not be in the other room anymore.  He absolutely did not want to bathe in the new bath tub even though it had all of the same bath toys he's played with for as long as I can remember.  I had to rock with him in the rocking chair and psych him up for it.  Eventually, I just picked him up and carried him in there.  He finally gave in and took a bath.

Mike dressed him while I put Chase down for the night.  By the time I got back into his new room, Charlie was tucked in and ready for bed.  I kissed him good night, told him how proud I was of him, then I left.  It's now 9 p.m., and he's not made a peep - yet.  I am hopeful that he'll have a good night's sleep and wake up at his normal time, 7:30 a.m.  Then again, if this is anything like Mother's Day, it'll be an early rise and shine for us all.

I'm attaching a few photos of Chase on the move and Charlie in his new room.  If you want to see the full gallery, click on the link below.  There are also pictures of Mother's Day, us playing on the deck one night this week and playing outside in the sprinklers today.

What a big week!  WHEW!

http://gallery.me.com/kellyearning/100188

1 comment:

  1. What great photos! The joyful pics truly make me happy & remind me of that peppy song "Smile:"

    ...Even when you´re gone
    Somehow you come along
    Just like a flower poking through the sidewalk crack
    and just like that
    You steal away the rain and just like that

    You make me smile like the sun
    Fall out of bed sing like a bird
    Dizzy in my head spin like a record
    Crazy on a Sunday night
    You make me dance like a fool
    Forget how to breathe
    Shine like gold buzz like a bee
    Just the thought of you can drive me wild
    Ohh you make me smile

    ReplyDelete