I got both boys dressed and ready for trick or treating and we headed out at 5p to go door to door for candy. You could hear crickets it was so quiet outside! The neighborhood was so empty, I was afraid I'd messed up and trick or treating actually took place the night before!
So, at this point, I have two little boys all dressed up and nowhere to go. Ugh. What's a Mom to do? (The funny backstory is that both boys were ready to go by 4p and for an entire hour, we had to listen to Charlie yell over and over and over again, "GO TRICK OR TREABIN!!!" Oy vey.)
Anyway, we just took a walk around the neighborhood and waited for folks to open for business. It only took about 30 minutes before a few souls took pity on us and let Charlie trick or treat. He did a great job though! Walked right up to the door, said "TRICK OR TREAB," and picked out 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 pieces of candy until I stepped in and put 5 pieces back. Hey, he's an overachiever at least! :) Charlie also did a good job of saying "thank you," too. What a cutie! I was really proud of him.
Chase trick or treated on Dad's shoulders, mostly. Unfortunately he has a penchant for running in the street, so there were only a few times we could actually let him walk. Next year I'm sure he'll be right up there with Charlie taking candy from strangers. What fun!
Seriously though, we did have a great time. I can't believe my little boy is big enough to trick or treat. Time is going by so fast! Next thing I know they'll be terrorizing the neighborhood as teenagers.
So, now that Halloween has come and gone, tonight we'll get a visit from The Candy Witch. Charlie will pick out 10 pieces of candy to keep and eat and the rest will go back into his Halloween bag and left outside his bedroom door. The Candy Witch will come at night while Charlie's sleeping and take all of the candy away to give to other less fortunate kids who weren't able to trick or treat, but the good news is that she leaves a toy in exchange. What a nice witch! :)
Below are several pictures from our adventure last night. Enjoy!
| Starting at linebacker, Chase Arning |
| Is it me or does it look like he's making the Heisman pose? |
| Builder Charlie Arning, slacking on the job. |
| Charlie and the Hurley Girlies. "Is that all the candy you're gonna give me?" |
| "Sit' a Minute" |
| One of the few times Chase stayed on the sidewalk... |
No comments:
Post a Comment