Lately, a group of my mom friends and I have been getting together on Thursday mornings to play and socialize. I am loving this so much for so many reasons and here are just a few:
- It's very informal. Everyone just shows up and brings whatever they need for their own kids. There's no snacks to be made, no games to be thought of, nothing.
- There's no judgment. We're all just happy to get together and let our kids burn a little energy. No one cares what you look like, how ornery your kid might be, what you're wearing, or how dirty your house is. In fact, I didn't get a shower this morning and no one complained about the stink! :)
- It's great company. I know I always need a little adult interaction and this provides a great opportunity for us all to share stories, ideas, issues with our kids, future plans or just gab about nothing in particular. Plus, all of the moms in this group are so funny, so sweet and just down right amazing!
- Our kids play so well together! Charlie loves Thursdays because he loves spending time with his buddies. He bugs me all morning until it's time to go visit with our friends. (Plus, this provides me excellent leverage to make sure he behaves all morning.)
So, those are just a few of the reasons this Thursday morning party rocks! Now, if you'll indulge me for a moment, I'd like to post some pictures from today's festivities.
Until next Thursday!
 |
| As you can see, Chase just got a haircut. He'll enlist in the Army tomorrow. |
 |
| This is my friend, the crafty and creative, Michelle and her little boy, Rhys. |
 |
| And this cutie is Jackson. |
 |
| Aren't they sweet? |
 |
| This is Michelle's oldest, Colin. He loved the PARTY at our house today! |
 |
| This is Colin with his new friend, Colby. They're both four. |
 |
This is Erin and her youngest, Max. (Colby also belongs to Erin.)
Aren't they both adorable?! |
 |
This is Jackson and his big sister, Lexi. Charlie and Lexi are both in Mrs. Yascur's class.
They are best buds. |
 |
| I just love Max's cute monkey shirt! You know Charlie would have had that shirt if I'd seen it in the store! |
 |
| And my sweet bubby, Charlie (with Lexi in the background). |
 |
| Colby loves racecars too. He and Charlie will be best buds for years to come. |
 |
| Oh, man. What a cute picture of Michelle and Rhys! |
 |
| So cute, in fact, that I had to take another picture! |
 |
| And is he a cutie, or what?! |
 |
| Miss Lexi is definitely a sweet princess! (And the only girl in our playdate, I might add! She is very popular.) |
 |
| Michelle and Rhys are my muses. |
 |
| Max - who takes after NoChase. |
 |
| And that's Jessica with her two, Lexi and Jackson. |
 |
| Love the blonde hair! He's wearing a Curious George shirt too. You know that's a fav here! |
 |
| Shelby's exhausted just watching everyone. |
 |
| And as if I planned it, a FIRE TRUCK pulled into our cul-de-sac just as everyone was leaving. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT! |
 |
| Even Chase was impressed! |
 |
| And this is the entire group - except me, of course - and NoChase. Don't ask. |
 |
| Charlie and Lexi, hugging and kissing. |
 |
| Ok, Charlie. Don't get too fresh. I'm standing right here! |
LOVE it! You throw an awesome PARTY!!!
ReplyDeleteThese are so great! I'm sorry we missed it! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Lokks like lots of fun for Mommies & kids.
ReplyDelete