Who are we kidding? This blog - formerly titled "Arning Family News and Notes" - is all about the Arning Bros., Charlie & Chase, and their crazy Mama who's obsessed with taking photos of them. Good thing they're such cuties!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Following in Big Brother's Footsteps... er, uh... Flippers
On Friday, Chase had his very first swim lesson and frankly, I was a little nervous about it. Granted, Chase is a daredevil and loves to go swimming in the neighborhood pool, but he's also very attached to Mama and Dada. I really didn't think he would take to swimming with a complete stranger. I was well prepared for some serious screaming, ranting and raving.
Boy, was I wrong.
Chase loves swimming so much that he could have cared less who was taking him swimming. He jumped right in and went for it. I couldn't believe it! He didn't make a peep! I was so proud of him!
I heard him ask for Dada a couple of times, but all in all, he was a real trooper. (It probably helped that big brother Charlie was swimming close by.)
Here's pictures - and video! - of Chase's first swim lesson. Way to go, Chase!
Chase, before class, looking a bit nervous.
Charlie, showing Chase how it's done!
And Charlie, floating on his back.
And Charlie, picking out a toy to play with.
Now, it's Chase's turn. So far, so good!
Chase, looking for Dada.
I think he realizes Dada isn't going to jump in and save him...
...so, he decides to go with the flow and have a good time anyway!
Yeah, Chase! You did it!
And, this is Chase, in the car on the way home. Totally pooped.
No comments:
Post a Comment