Thursday, July 21, 2011

Construction Begins! (Under the Watchful Eyes of the Arning Bros...)

As most of you know, Mike and I hired a landscaper to totally re-do our backyard. We were seriously losing our yard to erosion, the height of our massive retaining wall was just beckoning the boys to come, risk life and limb and scale it just for pure fun, plus we were sick of chasing balls, dropped sippy cups and thrown toys down the cliff of doom behind the house. So, we decided to suck it up, fork over the big bucks and literally blow up the backyard and start over.

No one was more excited about our decision than Charlie. I'm convinced he thinks we brought in construction trucks just for his sheer enjoyment. Regardless, that's basically what's happened. We've had everything from excavators, to ditch diggers, to forklifts, to skid steers in the back yard, all digging, moving and piling up huge mounds dirt. It's a little boy's dreamland at my house right now.

I, for one, am quite enjoying this as well, because for the moment, I don't have to provide constant entertainment for the boys. All they want to do is sit outside and watch the workers. Ok by me!

I don't know how I will explain it to Charlie when they are done with the project and the workers have to take their toys and leave, but I have at least three more weeks before I have to worry about that!

Here are a couple of photos of our project managers carefully inspecting the work below...








Ok, so this has nothing to do with construction, but this butterfly was really enjoying our flowers on the deck!

And Shelby was really enjoying the butterfly!

This might be my favorite picture.






This is Charlie pretending that his arm is an excavator.

Aren't they cute?

1 comment:

  1. I love the expressions that your pics have captured. All of the boys' wonderful construction truck books have come to life right in their own back yard! Look, it's Busytown!

    ReplyDelete