Thursday, May 24, 2012

Number One Fan

Today, I took Charlie to the racetrack for the first time, ever. I don't know who was more excited... me or him! It's so fun to watch your kids experience something you know they absolutely love.

On the ride to the racetrack, Charlie was literally buzzing with excitement and talking my ear off from the back seat. "I can't wait! I want to go! Let's walk from here! Park the car! Let's get out! I can't wait!" It was so adorable.

As soon as we got there though, Charlie got really quiet. I think he was a little overwhelmed. I'm sure it was a lot bigger, tons louder and way more crowded than he thought it would be. But, he eventually settled in and relaxed a bit.

He got to see his favorite racecars (the Nos. 14, 18 and 48), he watched cars go through tech inspection, he caught a few minutes of Nationwide practice (seeing cars on the track was his favorite), he ate a couple of popsicles at the No. 14 hauler, he saw a few minutes of a press conference and he even got to meet Jimmie Johnson and Uncle Tony.

I would say that was a successful trip to the racetrack, wouldn't you?

This is one happy little boy. :)

I love this photo. I look at pictures of crew members every week and I can't tell you
how many times I've seen this exact same look on a member of the pit crew.
So funny!

Going to the racetrack = daddy/son bonding.

I'm totally diggin' the headset on Charlie. He looks like a natural!

He is SO excited to see cars hit the track!

I love this photo, too! Cool angle or something. I don't know.

I mean really. Could he be any cuter?

Now, this photo is funny because Charlie saw it ALL today. There were racecars abound,
racecar drivers all over the place, transporters, firetrucks, you name it, but as soon as Charlie
saw a flat tire on this cart, he stopped everything to check it out.
Um, ok.

And, now we're getting some attitude, just like a real racecar driver.
"No more photos, Mom!"

We break for Jeff Gordon.

Let's all say it together now, "Awww...."

Really, Charlie. Make yourself at home.

He LOVED seeing racecars on track. I think we need to get the boy to a race.

This is one of my favorite photos!

Charlie meets Mr. Five Time. How cool is that?!

Look how excited he is! It's Jimmie Johnson!

I got a picture with Jimmie, too! Super nice guy.

Recognize this guy? I asked Charlie what his favorite part of going to the racetrack was....
meeting Uncle Tony and eating popsicles.
Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment