A couple of weekends ago, my good friend, Erin, and I decided to take our boys to the beach for the weekend. So, we packed up all of our stuff, grabbed our four boys - all under the age of five, I might add - and piled into my car (affectionately known as "the bus.")
We were greatly outnumbered. Me and Erin and four energetic boys. Four against two. I don't know what go into us.
But, we made it to Ocean Isle all in one piece and with very few tantrums. The boys did great!
They had such an awesome time on the beach. It was so fun to watch them interact with each other. Charlie was like a pied piper to the littlest boys. Whatever Charlie did, Chase and Max were sure to follow. Colby, the oldest, was a whiz at fishing and even tried to catch a few waves on a surfboard.
Erin and I did have to play referee a few times, but for the most part, the boys played very well together. Chase only had one
MAJOR meltdown, but it was a doozy, so he didn't disappoint. I got sympathetic stares from all of the other mothers on the beach, but frankly, I was ready to grab Colby's surfboard and paddle out to sea. After 45-minutes of non-stop screaming, Chase eventually pulled it together and we salvaged the day. I'm just glad Erin didn't pack up and leave us there. I probably would have!
After his crazed, manic, ear piercing screaming session, Chase was wonderful. He adored the water and the waves and played non-stop. (Don't ask me what was wrong with him in the first place. I really couldn't tell ya.)
At nighttime, Charlie, Chase and Colby were roomies. What fun! But, then morning came and Chase was up at the crack of dawn as usual. No rest for this weary Mama, that's for sure!
Anyway, here are several CUTE photos from our road trip to Ocean Isle.
Enjoy!
 |
| Isn't this the sweetest picture? Max LOVED Charlie. |
 |
This is Chase in "time out." This is where he had to sit out his screaming session. I just left him there and walked away. (I didn't go far. I was within earshot. But, then again, so was most of North Carolina.) Sort of pitiful, isn't he? |
 |
Miss Erin with Max and Charlie. (Notice Chase isn't anywhere to be found?) |
 |
| Ahh, we've pulled it together. Chase is back among the sane people! |
 |
| These three boys had the best time together! |
 |
| What fun! |
 |
| A happy Chase! |
 |
| Look at the fun Max is having. Does a heart good to see such happy boys! |
 |
| Love that smile! |
 |
| Pure joy! |
 |
| Chase learned to love the waves. |
 |
| Follow the leader... |
 |
| Fun in the pool! |
 |
| Love this picture! |
 |
Chase did an AWESOME job swimming. Notice how I'm not holding onto him? He didn't need any help in the water. He swam totally by himself the entire time! |
 |
| F U N ! |
 |
| Day two. |
 |
| Pied Piper... back to work! |
 |
| Cool picture. |
 |
We brake for lunch... ...but that doesn't mean we have to get out of the water. |
 |
| Look at sweet Max patting Chase's back. |
 |
| So sweet! |
 |
| Max had the best time! |
 |
We stayed at Erin's father-in-law's beach house during our trip. This was our way of saying thanks. See the word "THANKS" in the sand? This was pretty much the level of cooperation we could get from the boys. They're sort of smiling and waving. Not bad. |
 |
| "Hey, check out the wheels on that truck!" |
No comments:
Post a Comment