I really wanted to make it a fun summer for the boys this year, so I took a few minutes to come up with a list of things we could do over the next couple of months. I call it our "
Summer Bucket List." I decided that I wanted to make it official, so I found a cute "Summer Bucket List" printable on the internet. I printed it off and added our items to the list and off we went!
 |
Here's a picture of our Summer Bucket List. It hangs on the magnetic chalkboard in my kitchen so we all can see it. |
Some of the outings on our Summer Bucket List we've done before such as Discovery Place Kids, Summer Shootout and Birkdale Splash Park. Some are things I know we'll be doing on trips we're taking this summer such as camping, tubing and riding a pontoon boat on the lake. But, a few of the excursions will be brand new for Charlie and Chase. The first one we decided to tackle? Bowling!
I figured the boys would really like bowling. Take a heavy ball, throw it as hard as you can and try to knock over all of the pins. What's not to love? They knock over stuff at home all the time, right? In fact, they both took to it right away. They each had their own unique method of bowling, but it worked for them and that's all that matters. Chase even got a strike! He was so excited! Chase handily beat Charlie, but Charlie was a great sport about it. And in other news, Dada beat Mama, but she wasn't such a great sport about it. What can I say? I don't like to lose. (I'm kidding.) (Sort of.)
Anyway, here are a few pictures of our first Summer Bucket List outing - BOWLING!
 |
| These are the cutest bowlers you're sure to find! |
 |
| "What can I say? I'm a natural?" |
 |
| I think Charlie is willing the ball down the lane. |
 |
| "Ta-dah!" |
 |
| Patiently waiting his turn. |
 |
| "Can I offer anyone some expert tips?" |
 |
| Such a sweetie. |
 |
| Both boys enjoyed watching the ball pop out of the machine. |
 |
| Nice technique there, Charlie. |
 |
| That's more like it! |
 |
| Dada teaches Chase proper Granny technique. |
 |
| Right down the middle... |
 |
| ...but then it curves to the left. Bummer. |
 |
| Charlie oversees the operation. |
 |
| NICE FORM, CHASE! |
 |
| Ummm... not sure what to call this?! |
 |
| Dada shows the boys how its done. |
 |
| I believe Chase has it down. |
 |
And here are the final scores. Chase beats Charlie. (And Dada beats Mama, yada, yada, yada.)
Onto the next item on our Summer Bucket List!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment