Sunday, March 14, 2010

Charlie Monkey Sees Curious George!

Well, today was a big day for Charlie Monkey. Mike and I took him to his first live show, "Curious George Live." How appropriate!

To celebrate, I got Charlie a new book, "The Original Curious George," and a Curious George t-shirt, which I gave to him at breakfast this morning. Mike and I talked up the show all weekend and all morning, hoping to get Charlie excited about what he was going to see. We dressed him in his new shirt, put him down for a nap early, and once he woke up, we left for the show.

I don't think he had any idea what he was about to see and do, but I was so excited for him I couldn't stand it. We had great seats, row L in the center section, and a clear view of the stage. The auditorium lights dimmed, the stage lights turned on and the show began with a great song and dance featuring most of the cast. At the end of the song, Curious George jumped onto the stage and the crowd erupted into applause. I teared up. I was so happy to be there in that moment with Charlie at his very first show. It was awesome.

Charlie was such a good sport. He sat in Mike's lap or my lap for most of the first act. He was so well behaved! Then Mike and Charlie played in the back of the auditorium during intermission. Charlie got a little restless during the second act, but he still was such a good little boy and did exactly what we asked him to do. (I'm not sure why a show like that would have an intermission, but whatever!)

We had so much fun with Charlie. What a great day! What an awesome little boy! I could not have been prouder of him. How cool is it to experience these "firsts" with your kids? And to think that I have years of "firsts" ahead. I can't wait for the next one!





1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that Charlie got to see Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat singing on stage. What a great time he had with his wonderful Mom & Dad! Charlie is more interested than ever in his Curious George books.

    ReplyDelete