Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mama Turns 25!

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged but frankly, it's been super crazy busy. Mike was in California then Las Vegas for a week-and-a-half leaving me here with the boys. I did have grandparent help, thank goodness, but I was also by myself for quite a bit of time.

Chase and I finally came to blows over his nap schedule. He was refusing to nap and I was insisting that he do so - and I was determined to win. It took about a week of solid work, but I think we've finally turned a corner. For the last two days, Chase has finally given in and taken several good, solid naps. We're still working on the length of his naps, but I'm hoping that will come with time. Once he gets used to napping, I think they'll get even longer and longer. Last week was rough though. He was fighting me so hard and it totally wore me out. Every night, I would completely collapse from exhaustion - thus, no blogging for me! Here's hoping he stays on the right track!

In Charlie news, he is talking more and more which is great! The hard part? Trying to figure out what he's saying. It's like decoding a foreign language! "Hit" means "Sit." "Map" means "Nap." "Abbas" means "Applesauce." You get the idea. He's so wonderful and fun though. And more good new Charlie news... He's officially enrolled in StoneBridge Preschool for the fall. He'll go Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:15a -1:15p. He's going to have an absolute blast! I am SO excited for him!

Mike is home for now but leaves again tomorrow for Atlanta. Thankfully next weekend is an off-weekend. He was gone more than he was home in February. It was rough. I'm ready for a break.

In Mama news, I had a birthday yesterday. Turning 25 wasn't all that bad! HA! Seriously though, I had a great birthday. I celebrated with ice cream cake and presents with the boys, then Mike and I went to Capitol Grille for a wonderful dinner. I'm attaching some pictures from my birthday. I think Charlie loved the cake more than any of us!

I will post more videos of Charlie talking soon. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment