Monday, October 3, 2011

A Day Out with Thomas!

On Sunday, Mike and I drove the boys to Spencer, N.C., to spend a "Day Out with Thomas" at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. What an awesome time we all had!

Not only did we get to ride a train pulled by Thomas the Tank Engine himself, the boys also played with tons of toy trains, ran through a maze made out of hay bales, saw real trains of all shapes and sizes, watched tons model trains going around on tracks, explored the automobile museum and looked at cars from all eras, sat inside a real fire truck and even played putt-putt. Whew!

The only bad part was that my camera battery died about halfway through out visit. I was so disappointed! I can't believe that I - of all people - did not bring a fully charged camera battery! Argh!

Anyway, I did take a couple of photos before the camera pooped out, and here they are!


It was pretty cold that morning. Mike and I didn't win parent of the year awards that day.
Both boys were cold but didn't complain one bit!


Mr. Chase has become quite the truck guru himself!


For some reason, Charlie was very excited about standing on one foot on the fire truck.

"Look, Mama! I'm standing on one foot on a fire truck!"


This was the gift shop. Charlie would have stayed here all day if we'd let him.
He loved looking at all of the cars, trucks and tractors!

Watching the trains go by was a big hit!

And, there's the star of our show, Thomas!


Aren't my boys cute?



I think this is a sweet photo...

Charlie & Chase earned their Jr. Engineer Certificate that day!

And, this was our conductor. Isn't he fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment