She invited 14 kids to her house for a gingerbread house decorating playdate. Fourteen kids! She's nuts, I tell you!
I don't know anyone else who could have possibly pulled a party like this off, other than my friend, Michelle. She knew exactly how to set it up so that the kids had everything they needed right at their finger tips! (For the behind the scenes details, check out her blog entry about it here.) I was amazed at how creative the kids were and they all seemed to have a fabulous time. I know I did!
All us moms tried to pitch in to help clean up, so hopefully there wasn't too much of a mess afterwards, but still... fourteen kids!
I bow down to Michelle.
Here are some photos from our super fun, super festive gingerbread house decorating playdate. If this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, I don't know what will!
| Here's a photo of just one of the decorating stations. Michelle had three tables set up and ready to go. Isn't it so festive! |
| There were all kinds of fun candies to decorate with, including suckers. Chase didn't understand the concept of decorating with the suckers. Clearly suckers are meant to be sucked! |
| "Hmm... what's this thing in front of me and what am I to do with it?" |
| I mean seriously. Isn't this so festive! (Note: My kids would not wear the chef hat. I tried.) |
| Wondering where Charlie was this entire time? In the playroom. He's not into that *crafty* stuff. Unless, of course, there are wheels involved. |
| That's Michelle in the black. Doesn't she just look like the perfect hostess? |
| This was my... er, uh... Chase's finished gingerbread house. |
| STOP THE PRESSES! Charlie has joined us at the table. He is actually decorating a gingerbread house! (I wonder if he knows this house doesn't have wheels.) |
| Wait one minute. Is that a smile I see on his face? Oh, yes. And a sucker. What fun is decorating a gingerbread house if you can't eat half of the decor? |
| And this is Charlie's gingerbread house. He thought the house needed a door so he used pretzel sticks. HE'S A GENIUS! |
No comments:
Post a Comment