Thursday, June 21, 2012

Arning Family Beach Vacation - Part I

Well, I'm so sad to say this, but our 2012 family vacation has already come and gone. *Sigh* It FLEW by this year, mainly because we spent a good deal of time tending to a sick Chase.

Before we even left for the beach Chase came down with a fever. We nursed the fever for three days and it eventually went away, but the cough that accompanied it never did. It just kept getting worse and worse.

We should know by now that anytime Chase gets a cough, nine times out of 10 it will turn into bronchitis or pneumonia. It's just the way it goes with Chase. And, unfortunately, we did not have Chase's nebulizer at the beach. If we had brought it with us, I'm fairly confident that we could have nipped it in the bud, but alas, we didn't have it and as a result, Chase's cough turned into pneumonia.

So, Chase spent Wednesday afternoon at Urgent Care where he got a steroid shot to open his lungs and a breathing treatment to help him breathe.

On Thursday morning, we took him back to Urgent Care for another breathing treatment because he woke up sounding horrible.

Friday and Saturday morning, we went back to Urgent Care for additional breathing treatments. All of this was in addition to the antibiotic and steroid medicine we had to give daily him as well. And, by the way, the steroid medicine made him totally crazy, bonkers, lunatic, manic, psycho mad. Thank the good Lord we're done with that medicine!

It sounds like our vacation wasn't very good, but in fact, it was great. We absolutely love Hilton Head and we had great company all week. Charlie ADORES the beach and the sand, and Chase loves the pool. Our house was totally amazing and we did a whole lot of nothin'... outside of the Chase drama.

So, while we had a few minor hiccups, all in all we had a wonderful time. We can't wait for next year!

Chase, by the way, is totally fine now... back to his ole self.

And, now for the beach photos. I won't tell you how many I took. Too embarrassing. But, as I was looking through pictures, I couldn't figure out which pics went with which day, so instead, I've decided to post 15-20 photos per blog entry.

With that said, here's Part I of our beach vacation. Dang, I wish we were still there!!

We got to the beach late Saturday afternoon and headed straight for the pool.
No objections from the boys.



Grammy and Poppy joined us for the first half of the week.
Grammy's got the right idea here!

We had a hot tub, too! (Although it wasn't hot at all.)


Our walk to the beach was a bit longer than in years' past,
but we got smart and put all of our gear in the bike trailer.
Mike was the lucky one that got to ride to the beach.

This is our first full day at the beach. Charlie was so excited to be there!


Chase wasn't a big fan of the ocean. He liked to get close to it, but wasn't too happy
when the waves hit him. He preferred to be carried into the water.

I get so excited when the boys stand or play remotely near each other.
I rarely am able to get both of them in one picture.
So, YEAH! A picture of the brothers playing together at the beach!

Until the next beach blog entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment