Friday, October 26, 2012

A-MAIZE-ING!

This year, I have a Fall "bucket list" of fun things to do with the kids during this beautiful, fun and festive time of year. There are simple things like drink apple cider, go on a nature walk and play in a pile of leaves (pictures coming soon). But, there are other things like go apple picking and tackle a corn maize.

So, last week, Erin, Jonathan (her husband) and I took the boys to the Rural Hill Corn Maize. Now we can check that off of the list! Colby and Jonathan decided to brave the big maize which takes several hours to complete. Erin and I knew the little ones wouldn't have the patience to do that, plus we feared they would just take off running and we'd never see them again!

Thankfully, Rural Hill has a much smaller - one way in, one way out - corn maize for kids. It was a big hit with Charlie, Chase and Max. They had a blast! We also took a hay ride, which, as you can imagine, was also lots of fun for the boys.

Afterward, we all headed to dinner at Bad Daddy's Burger Bar. (Chase really enjoyed saying "Bad Daddy." He thought that was hysterical.) What a fun and festive evening we had!

Next up on the Fall bucket list... carve a pumpkin!

"This way, Chase!"
Yes, Charlie's having a blast, but look at Chase in the background.
So funny!

Little man, making his way around the maize.

We brake to ride tractors.

Max, loving it!

Big smile on Chase, too!

Max and Chase love hanging out together!

The hay ride! I love Charlie's smirk. 

The boys enjoyed putting straw in their hair.

See what I mean?
One of my favorite Max pictures.


Hey, let us in on the joke!

Chase loves making silly faces.

Great fun, had by all!



No comments:

Post a Comment