Monday, October 22, 2012

Chase's Turn: Patterson Farm Field Trip

A couple of week's ago, Chase finally got the chance to visit the famed Patterson Farm for his first-ever school field trip. And, if you're wondering why I refer to it as "famed," take a moment to read this blog entry about Charlie's trip to Patterson Farm. You'll see why.

Anyway, Chase and I had a fabulous time together. It was nothing like Charlie's first trip to Patterson Farm in which I felt confident we would promptly be kicked out of preschool. Chase was cool as a cucumber... smiling, laughing, and snuggling with me the entire time. The only time he became slightly annoyed was at the very end when it was time to pick out pumpkins. Frankly, he was hungry and ready to eat lunch, so he wasn't the least bit interested in doing anything else. Thankfully, he didn't take his anger out on the poor pumpkins as Charlie did... by throwing them. Oh, Charlie. How I love you so.

Don't get me wrong. Chase has his moments. And, when he has them, they're major doozies. But, he managed to keep it under wraps at Patterson Farm and as I result, I was able to redeem myself just a little bit. Now the teachers know that I do, in fact, discipline my children and for the most part, they're behaved. Whew.

Great job, Chase! I had so much fun with you. You are definitely my snuggle bug and I love you for it.

Next up? McKinney Academy Patterson Farm field trip with Charlie AND Chase on Thursday, Oct. 25.

Pray for me.

This is Chase with his best buddy, Max.
He loves to tell you (and complete strangers) that Max is his best buddy.

He has the best smile. Period.

Max is a cutie patootie, too!

Did I mention they're best buddies?

This is the class picture. Aren't they adorable?!

I love these boys!

There are two things I love about this photo...
1.) How Max is looking at Chase.
2.) The little kid on the far right next to Mrs. Yascur. His mom must be
having a Charlie-esque day. Poor woman.

Look how Chase is smiling so big that his feet are scrunched up underneath him.

He loved feeding the animals!

See!

Cool pic.

Max and Chase loved the ducks and how they were so close!
(Charlie would have chased the ducks and tried to tackle them.)

Neither of them were interested in stuffing a scarecrow.
"I don't like that scarecrow."

I love snuggle bug Chase!

We did manage to pick out one pumpkin...

...but then we were done and ready to eat.
Happy Fall, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment