Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chase and the Elusive Nap


Well, my buddy Chaser is NOT a good napper. Not a good napper at all. In fact, he tries his hardest to avoid napping totally and has become quite an expert at catnapping. I don't get it. I thought babies were supposed to sleep? Babies NEED sleep! You could have set your watch by Charlie's nap schedule. He obviously needed it, but Chase? Not so much.

I am doing the exact same things with Chase that I did with Charlie, but nothing is working. He does NOT like to sleep in his bed. Occasionally I can get him to fall asleep on our bed (SUCH A BAD HABIT), but when I do, he still only naps for 30-45 minutes max. The other day he took a long nap in the swing, but he is so close to outgrowing the swing it isn't even funny. What am I going to do then?

I suppose it was inevitable. There was no way God was going to give me two perfect nappers. It isn't fair to the rest of the moms out there for me to have two perfect nappers. I have to have a struggle with one baby just to even the score, I suppose. Now I think it's funny when I chat with parents of just one kid (like I used to be.) I just want to tell them, "Wait until you have baby number two. It's totally different!"

To give Chase some credit though, he is sleeping better at night. He sleeps from 7:30p until 4a. Mind you, he's not hungry when he wakes up. He's just up and can't quite figure out how to get back to sleep. He's getting better at this though and I think in another week or so, with more and more practice, he'll be sleeping 7:30p to 7a. God willing!

But, all in all he is a great baby. Even when he doesn't nap, he's still a very laid back, happy, smiley baby, so it's hard to get upset with him. He just wants to be with his Mama, and is that so bad? I don't think so. One day I'll look back at this time and miss the hours I held him in my arms. He is quite snuggly and wonderful regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment