Thursday, February 4, 2010

Preschool Pandemonium


Getting Charlie into a preschool here in Charlotte is like trying to get him into an Ivy league school. It's crazy! I don't know if it's like that everywhere or just here in Charlotte. All I know is I am spending a ton of time taking tours and registering Charlie for schools that he may or may not get into. And the kicker is that everyone has different registration due dates, so I'm juggling dates on the calendar making sure I turn everything in properly and on-time.

Then, if you DO get everything in on-time, you go into a lottery system so you may or may not get to go to that school anyway! And here's an even bigger kicker... The school that I really want Charlie to go to is first come, first served. What does that mean? Well, on February 23, at 9:30 a.m., this school starts accepting registration and once all it's classes are filled up, they're filled up and registration is over. So you've got to get there early to ensure that you get your child into that school. I'm told that Moms line up as early as 4 a.m. to get into this school. What in the world? Well, I am definitely, unequivocally a suburban yuppie Mom because guess what? I'm gonna be in line by 5 a.m. Luckily Chase will probably help me wake up just in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment