Last week, the first day after school was out for the year, I held a very informal "Welcome to Summer" party for Charlie, Chase and four of their school buddies. I vowed to keep it simple, because as we all know, when it comes to parties, I like to go all out! But, with Mom Prom in my very distant memory and all of the end of school craziness that time of year brings, I just couldn't do it this time.
That doesn't mean that I didn't want to be as fun for the kids as possible. I gathered up sidewalk chalk, bubbles and squirt guns. Mike set up a slip 'n slide and a big inflatable ball that shoots water, and my friend, Erin, offered up her bounce house. Throw in the sand table, some cupcakes and a few snow cones and you have yourself a party!
My backyard was so festive, I had fun just looking at it! I know the kids had an absolute blast because they were all grinning from ear to ear the entire time. The slip 'n slide was the big hit of the party. If they slid once, they slid 100 times. They LOVED it!
There's nothing more fun that hearing the giggles of kids in the summertime.
 |
I just had to make a "Welcome to Summer" banner. Well, I use the word *make* very loosely. I took some paper and wrote with magic marker. But, still. Look how cute it is! And, balloons make everything more festive! |
 |
My friend, Erin, let me borrow her bounce house. It was like a little festival in my back yard! |
 |
| And, here we go on the slip 'n slide. |
 |
| You, too, can buy a ton of fun for only $20 |
 |
| Now we're working on our form. |
 |
I mean seriously. Just look at the utter joy in his face. He loves it! |
 |
| Charlie, trying out the long jump version. |
 |
| So fun! |
 |
| Charlie gets style points for making the biggest splash. |
 |
| This is my friend, Michelle's little boy, Colin. |
 |
| This is who I carpooled with all year. Jessica and her littlest, Brody. |
 |
| Colin is giving Charlie a run for his money in the splash category. |
 |
| And, now we're adding some flair. |
 |
| This is sweet little Jackson playing with the bubbles. |
 |
| Chase and Lexi (Charlie's girlfriend. Chase better watch out!) |
 |
These are the cupcakes I made. They were ridiculously cute! And, SUPER easy. Blue icing, Teddy Grahams, Life Savers, M&M's and gum. |
 |
| We made snow cones, too! In three flavors no less! |
 |
| Charlie was a big fan of the snow cones. |
W E L C O M E
T O
S U M M E R !
Yay!!! Thanks for this post--I didn't take pics that day so I *especially* love that you included some pictures of Colin--thank you!
ReplyDelete