Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hello, Muddah. Hello, Faddah...

I am so behind on my posts.  I have so many new things to tell you about, but I'm going to start with the most exciting and go backward.  Today, Charlie went to camp!  That's right!  It was Charlie's first summer camp.  Is that fun or what?!

This week, Charlie is participating in Dinosaur Camp at Romp n Roll.  I'd been hyping it up all weekend - "you get to go to Dinosaur Camp next week, isn't that awesome?" - so by the time it was the morning of Dinosaur Camp, he almost couldn't stand it!  I was afraid he wasn't going to like the fact that he was there without Mama or Dada.  I kept reminding him that he already knew all of his teachers and that he loves Romp n Roll.  I also preached "listen to your teachers," because I didn't want him to be "that kid" in class.  In other words, I think I was more stressed about it than he was.

The entire car ride over, he kept saying "Dinosaur Camp, Dinosaur Camp!"  The anticipation was killing him!  When we got there, he dropped everything and started running and giggling.  After 2-minutes, he turned to me and said "Mama go!"  Uh, ok.  What happened to the tears?  What happened to "I love you, Mama.  I'll see you later."  What happened to my hugs and kisses.  Nope.  I got "Mama go."  Nice.  I guess that's a good thing though, right?  When I picked him up, I could tell he'd had a blast.  He's even excited about day two tomorrow.

Anyway, I did take lots of pictures before we left and a couple after we got there.  Check out his new backpack!  I HAD to buy it.  You'll see why.  TOO CUTE!  I can't stand it!

Enjoy!

P.S. You didn't think I would send him to Dinosaur Camp without a dinosaur t-shirt, did you?















1 comment:

  1. So cute! Looks so fun:) BTW I love that backpack too:)

    ReplyDelete